Friday, May 2, 2008

Springtime! Springtime!

As I mowed the yard for the first time this season, completing it exactly 17.5 seconds before a rainstorm blew in, I found myself often glancing at our front door. Although I am not an inside 'seasonal' decorator (i.e. if you come to my house at anytime except around Christmastime it will pretty much always look the same), there is something inviting about having a front door display that changes with the seasons.

After we finished painting our front door a couple of summers ago, Blake mounted a black wrought iron basket to the door. Since our front door is also black the basket kind of blends into the background. The permanent basket makes it simple to change the design of the front door arrangement and offers security for blustery and/or stormy days.

So here is a picture of our current front door. To me it says, "Hello, Springtime! Glad you are here & please stay awhile!"

1 comment: